At all branches of the library PC workstations can be used free of charge. At these workstations you can access our catalogue (Katalog plus) as well as all licenced resources (eBooks, electronic journals, databases).
Please close your browser session before leaving the PC workstation to ensure a secure logout, e.g. from the Katalog plus.
- The following applications are available
- Office program: Microsoft Office
- Browser: Firefox
- Screenshots: Snipping Tool
- Audio and movie files: Media Player Classic
- Installing programs is not possible.
- Functions like the right mouse button are not available outside of applications for security reasons
- By default the device (E) on the local hard disk is preset for saving files temporarily; it is also possible to save data to an USB stick (device F) or send it by mail. All university members can also use the campus cloud Sciebo to store their data.
- If you have saved files on drive (E), please delete them before leaving the workstation, otherwise subsequent users would have access to this data. When the computer is restarted, all temporarily stored files and settings are also deleted.
Please note the changeover of the printing and copying system as of October 1st, 2022
The printing system previously used by the university was deactivated at the end of September 2022.
In the main library Adolf-Reichein-Straße (AR) as well as in the branch libraries printers are available at different locations. For a transitional period you can either print from the PCs set up directly next to the printers or from a USB stick (max. size 16 GB, formatting FAT32) directly at the still available printers. The printing itself is free of charge for you, but you have to bring the required paper yourself. In addition, the AStA store offers a printing option as well as copy stores in town.
In the branch library Emmy-Noether-Campus (ENC) you can still make printouts using the default printer preset on the user PC and pick up the printouts at the information desk. Here, each 5 pages or part there of costs Euro 0.25.