At all branches of the library PC workstations can be used free of charge.
- At these workstations (of the university library) you can access the www as well as all licenced resources (eBooks, electronic journals, databases) and the websites of many academic institutions worldwide.
- Ebay, a number of chat rooms as well as indexed websites are banned from access.
- The following applications are available
- Office program: Microsoft Office
- Browser: Internet explorer, Firefox
- Screenshots: Snipping Tool
- Audio and movie files: Media Player Classic
- Installing programs is not possible.
- Functions like the right mouse button are not available outside of applications for security reasons
- Per default the device (E) on the local hard disk is defined for saving files temporarily; additionally it is possible to save data on an USB stick (device F) or sent them per e-mail.
- Files temporarily stored on the local hard disk will be deleted automatically the next time the computer is restarted. Please delete all data you stored on the local hard drive (E) yourself to prevent abuse by subsequent users before leaving the PC workplace.