Services for People with Disabilities
Access to the Library
- There are access possibilities for cars to all locations of the University Library. The direct access to the buildings is blocked by barriers equipped with intercoms. Please register there so that the barrier will be opened for you. There are parking spaces near the building entrances, from which the barrier-free access to the library is possible.
- The entrance doors to the library open automatically or by pressing a button.
- The lifts within the libraries are in operation during opening hours.
Access to the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR) can be made by means of a wheelchair lift only, which may only be operated by staff of the University. Please contact the staff at the lending desk in advance by phone at +271 740-4563 and we will be happy to help you.
- In the the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR) and the Branch Libraries you will find wheelchair accessible PC-workstations where you can apply for your library card and consult the catalogue of the University Library.
- In the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR) you can use a special PC workstation for blind and visually impaired persons – please contact our staff.
- The majority of the reading and PC workstations in the library rooms as well as the group study rooms in the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR) and the Branch Library Unteres Schloss (US) are suitable for wheelchair users.
- On request, individual media can be provided for you at the library´s circulation desks. Please let us know your requests by phone or e-mail:
In addition, the staff of the University Library are happy to help you at any time, please contact us.
- You will find special toilets for people with disabilities at all library locations.