Services for People with Disabilities
Access to the library
- There are access possibilities for cars to all locations of the University Library. The barriers are equipped with intercoms, please report there. You will find parking spaces near the building entrances, from which barrier-free access to the Library is possible.
- The entrance doors to the Library open automatically or by pressing a button (except TB-W).
- The lifts within the Libraries are in operation during opening hours.
- In the foyers of the Main Library Hölderlinstraße (H) and the Branch Libraries Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR-D) and Weidenauer Straße (W) you will find wheelchair accessible PC-workstations where you can apply for your library card and consult the catalogue of the University Library.
- Near the Branch Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR-D), room AR-D 4004, you can use a special PC workstation for blind and visually impaired persons – please contact our staff.
- The majority of the reading and PC workstations in the library rooms as well as the group rooms in the Main Library Hölderlinstraße (H) and the Branch Libraries Unteres Schloss (US) and Weidenauer Straße (W) are suitable for wheelchair users.
- On request, individual media can be provided for you at the library´s circulation desks. Please let us know your requests by phone or e-mail:
- Central Information desk of the Main Library Hölderlinstraße (H)
- Branch Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße, Building D (AR-D)
- Branch Library Emmy-Noether-Campus (ENC)
- Main Library Hölderlinstraße (H)
- Branch Library Paul-Bonatz-Straße (PB)
- Branch Library Unteres Schloss (US)
- Branch Library Weidenauer Straße (W)
In addition, the staff of the University Library are happy to help you at any time, please contact us.
- You will find special toilets for people with disabilities at all library locations.