Open Access Publishing Fund for articles in journals
The University of Siegen supports its scientists in publishing their research results in Open Access journals by providing an Open Access Publication Fund for the reimbursement of article processing charges to authors.
Until 2019, the Publication Fund of the University of Siegen was funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) as part of its "Open Access Publishing" funding programme. Since the end of DFG funding, the Publication Fund has been supported by funds of the University Library. Thus financial aids from this Publication Fund are still guaranteed, provided the request complies with the funding conditions.
- Funds are granted on first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please note that the invoice has to be pre-financed by own funds of the university institute first.
- Requests for funding can be supplied from now on by using the PDF-form, provided they comply with the funding conditions.
Funding conditions (for financial support for publications)
- The articles to be published [are scheduled to appear] in journals that consist only of contributions which are accessible free of charge and immediately upon their publication on the internet (pure, gold Open Access journals) and that strictly apply a system of quality control (e.g. peer review) commonly accepted in the particular subject. Such journals are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Publication fees do not exceed EUR 2,000 per essay (including VAT).
In the case of publication fees exceeding EUR 2,000 (including VAT), co-financing is not possible.
- A member of the University of Siegen acts as a "submitting author" or "corresponding author" for the payment of publication fees.
- The Open Access activation of articles in subscription journals according to the "hybrid" model ("Open Choice"), such as "Springer Open Choice", "Hogrefe Open Mind", "Wiley OnlineOpen", "Oxford Open" or "SAGE Choice" is not eligible for funding.
- The publication is not scheduled for other external funding.
- Submission fees are not eligible for funding.
- The publication charges were first paid to the publisher by the submitting author or corresponding author or the institute from own funds of the university institute. Now a reimbursement of these charges is requested.
- Applications can be submitted up to 6 months after the invoice has been issued.
Required information on publishing bills:
- Recipient of invoice: "submitting / corresponding author" at his office at university
- Invoicing party (= publisher)
- Invoice item (= article)
- Publication medium
- Date of invoice
- Invoice or order number
- For invoices from abroad (EU countries and third countries): Net invoice stating the VAT identification number of the University of Siegen (tax ID number: DE 154854171) and the tax ID number of the publishing house.
List of funded publications
Wellbrock, Arndt; Bauch, Christina, Rozman, Jan; Witte, Klaudia: 'Same procedure as last year?' Repeatedly tracked swifts show individual consistency in migration pattern in successive years. IN: Journal of Avian Biology 48 (6) 2017, S. 897-903. DOI: 10.1111/jav.01251.
Göllner, Lars; Ballhausen, Nicola; Kliegel, Matthias; Forstmeier, Simon: Delay of Gratification, Delay Discounting and their Associations with Age, Episodic Future Thinking, and Future Time Perspective. In: Frontiers in Psychology 8:2304. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02304
Grigoriu, Liliana: Availability of a hybrid FSO/RF link while using the link’s diversity for packet scheduling (2018). In: Wireless communications and mobile computing ; Volume 2018, Article ID 7320989. - DOI: 10.1155/2018/7320989
Klucken, Tim ; Tapia León, Isabell ; Blecker, Carlo ; Kruse, Onno ; Stalder, Tobias ; Stark, Rudolf: Failure to replicate the association between fractional anisotropy and the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR, rs25531) (2018). In: Frontiers in behavioral neuroscience ; April 2018, Volume 12, Article 80. - DOI: 10.3389/fnbeh.2018.00080
Discount on publication fees
As part of the DFG-sponsored Open-Access-Rechte in Allianz- und Nationallizenzen for e-journal packages, discounts on article processing fees were negotiated with the following publishers:
AAAS, following item:
ACM, following items:
Journal Articles und Proceeding Articles
Cambridge University Press
The Cambridge Journals contract 2019-2021 is a Publish&Readcontract within the framework of the DFG call for proposals "Open Access Transformationsverträge” (Open Access Transformation Contracts). Under this contract, authors of participating institutions have the opportunity to publish their articles in hybrid open access without additional APC costs (further information https://bibblog.ub.uni-siegen.de/3528/open-access-publizieren-in-zeitschriften-des-verlages-cambridge-university-press/ )
There is no discount on the article fee for articles published in genuine open access journals.
|Hogrefe Open Mind||25%|
IOPScience, following item:
|SAGE Journals online (Gold Open Access Journals)||20 %|
Walter de Gruyter Journals, following items:
The University of Siegen is a member of the „Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics – Deutsche Hochschulen“: Scoap³-DH.
Therefore, members of the University of Siegen in the field of high energy physics will have the opportunity to publish their research results free of charge in the following consortium Open Access journals in the period 2020 - 2022: