Open Access Publishing Fund for articles in journals 2019
In 2019 also, the University of Siegen will continue to support its scientists in the publication of their research results in Open Access journals by providing an Open Access Publication Fund, where the incurred Article Processing Charges (APCs) of the authors can be reimbursed.
As part of the funding program "Open-Access Publishing", the German Research Foundation (DFG) supports the publication fund of the University of Siegen since the year 2018.
- In 2019, the fund will have a volume of EUR 32,554.
- Subsidies can now be requested using the PDF-form, provided the eligibility criteria are met.
- The funding period runs until the end of 2019.
- The funding is based on the greyhound principle "First-Come, First-Served".
- Please note that the invoice must first be pre-financed from the university's own institute founds.
- Post-graduates will receive preferential treatment.
DFG-funding criteria for publication support
- The articles for publication appear in journals whose contributions are accessible free of charge to users immediately upon their publication on the Internet (pure, golden Open Access journals) and which apply the peer review procedures recognized in the relevant field. Such journals are documented in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Publication fees do not exceed EUR 2,000 per essay (including VAT).
In the case of publication fees exceeding EUR 2,000 (including VAT), co-financing is not possible.
- A member of the University of Siegen acts as a "submitting author" or "corresponding author" for the payment of publication fees.
- The Open Access activation of articles in subscription journals according to the "hybrid" model ("Open Choice"), such as "Springer Open Choice", "Hogrefe Open Mind", "Wiley OnlineOpen", "Oxford Open" or "SAGE Choice" is not eligible.
- There are no other third-party funds for the publication.
- Fees for the mere submission of contributions (submission fees) are not eligible.
- The publication will be published in the current funding period.
- The publication costs were initially paid by the "submitting author" or the "corresponding author" or by the institute at the publishing house from their own university funds, and a refund of costs will be requested.
- Young scientists are favored.
Required information on publishing bills:
- Recipient of invoice: "submitting / corresponding author" at his office at university
- Invoicing party (= publisher)
- Invoice item (= article)
- Publication medium
- Date of invoice
- Invoice or order number
- For invoices from abroad (EU countries and third countries): Net invoice stating the VAT identification number of the University of Siegen (tax ID number: DE 154854171) and the tax ID number of the publishing house.
List of funded publications
Wellbrock, Arndt; Bauch, Christina, Rozman, Jan; Witte, Klaudia: 'Same procedure as last year?' Repeatedly tracked swifts show individual consistency in migration pattern in successive years. IN: Journal of Avian Biology 48 (6) 2017, S. 897-903. DOI: 10.1111/jav.01251.
Göllner, Lars; Ballhausen, Nicola; Kliegel, Matthias; Forstmeier, Simon: Delay of Gratification, Delay Discounting and their Associations with Age, Episodic Future Thinking, and Future Time Perspective. In: Frontiers in Psychology 8:2304. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02304
Grigoriu, Liliana: Availability of a hybrid FSO/RF link while using the link’s diversity for packet scheduling (2018). In: Wireless communications and mobile computing ; Volume 2018, Article ID 7320989. - DOI: 10.1155/2018/7320989
Klucken, Tim ; Tapia León, Isabell ; Blecker, Carlo ; Kruse, Onno ; Stalder, Tobias ; Stark, Rudolf: Failure to replicate the association between fractional anisotropy and the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR, rs25531) (2018). In: Frontiers in behavioral neuroscience ; April 2018, Volume 12, Article 80. - DOI: 10.3389/fnbeh.2018.00080
Discount on publication fees
As part of the DFG-sponsored Open-Access-Rechte in Allianz- und Nationallizenzen for e-journal packages, discounts on article processing fees were negotiated with the following publishers:
AAAS, following item:
ACM, following items:
Journal Articles und Proceeding Articles
Cambridge University Press, following items:
|Hogrefe Open Mind||25%|
IOPScience, following item:
|SAGE-Publishers, following items:||50%|
|SAGE Journals online (Gold Open Access Journals)||20 %|
Walter de Gruyter Journals, following items:
The University of Siegen is a member of the „Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics – Deutsche Hochschulen“: Scoap³-DH.
Therefore, members of the University of Siegen in the field of high energy physics will have the opportunity to publish their research results free of charge in the following consortium Open Access journals in the period 2017 - 2019: