|AR am 20.10.2021, 16:18 Uhr|
Besucher: 112 / Freie Plätze: 88
|US am 20.10.2021, 16:18 Uhr|
Besucher: 44 / Freie Plätze: 32
|Teilbibliothek ENC geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek H geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek PB geschlossen|
Quick links ...
Learning and Working Environment
Reading and PC Workstations
The University Library offers you possibilities to work at reading tables and PC workstations.
They are currently available:
- Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR): approx. 800 reading places, 50 of which are PC workstations with Internet access, also in carrels and group study rooms. In addition, there are open group work areas, work cabins, a workshop room equipped with rollable tables and chairs, a family work room and additional lounge areas with stools, armchairs and beanbags.
- Branch Library Emmy-Noether-Campus (ENC): approx. 25 reading places, 5 of which are PC workstations with Internet access
- Branch Library Hölderlinstraße (H): approx. 180 reading places, 43 of which are PC workstations, most with Internet access, also 1 group study room
- Branch Library Paul-Bonatz-Straße (PB): approx. 30 reading places, 8 of which are PC workstations with Internet access, plus 1 group study room
- Branch Library Unteres Schloß (US): approx. 120 reading places, also in carrels and group study rooms, 11 of which are PC workstations, almost all with Internet access. In addition, there are flexibly usable work areas, equipped with movable sound-proofing elements, tables and chairs on castors and beanbags
The chip keys issued must be initialized daily at the device provided for this purpose in the entrance area of the library. As soon as the device lights up, the chip key can be used to unlock the carrel. For further information, please refer to the information leaflet on using carrels.
Students of the University of Siegen with a library card for students or a USiCard activated for library use can reserve a carrel after login via Katalog plus. As soon as a carrel is available, you will be notified by e-mail.
In the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße and in the Branch Library Unteres Schloß additional workstation trolleys are available.
The mobile and lockable workstation trolleys are made available primarily to students who would like to work in the library on a long-term basis with library materials and/or with their own documents.
The rental period is one month this may be extended if the demand permits it.
Students of the University of Siegen with a library card for students or a USiCard activated for library use can reserve a workstation trolley after login via Katalog plus. As soon as a workstation trolley is available, you will be notified by e-mail.
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are available for working in small groups and are freely accessible during opening hours. All group study rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, sockets, whiteboard and most of them with monitors for connecting mobile devices. Due to the high demand these rooms must be reserved in advance.
Please also observe the library's user regulations in the group rooms.
You will find group study rooms at the following library locations:
Level 0: 3 group study rooms with monitor for connecting mobile devices
Group study room AR-UB 033: 8 seats
Group study room AR-UB 034: 6 seats
Group study room AR-UB 035: 10 seats
Level 1: 3 group study rooms
Group study room AR-UB 101: 4 seats
Group study room AR-UB 102: 4 seats
Group study room AR-UB 103: 4 seats
Level 2:fileadmin/user_upload/grafik/plaene/gruppenraeume/gruppenraum_ar2.gif 4 group study rooms
Group study room AR-UB 202: 8 seats
Group study room AR-UB 203: 6 seats
Group study room AR-UB 204: 4 seats
Group study room AR-UB 205: 6 seats
Level 1: 2 group study rooms
Group study room B 117: 4 seats
Group study room B 118: 4 seats
Level 2: 2 group study rooms with monitor for connecting mobile devices
Group study room B 212: 6 seats
Group study room B 213: 6 seats
Workstation for the Blind and Visually Impaired
In the Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR), in the area of the Central Information Desk, floor 0, you can use a special PC workstation for blind and visually impaired persons - please contact our staff at the Central Information Desk.
The workplace has the following equipment:
- PC with sound card and active speakers
- Monitor 21''
- Colour scanner
- Basic D-brailleprinter, double sided
- Video light/PC colour enlarger with cross table
- Jaws 15.0
- OmniPage Pro OCR-Recognition software 14.0
- OpenBook OCR-Recognition software 9.0
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- RTFC-Print software
It is possible to save special settings in a personal user interface.
The workplace is available during the entire opening hours of the library. For an initial introduction to the operation of the device, to set up a personal user interface or if you have any questions, please contact the staff at the Central Information Desk during service hours.