Learning and Working Environment
Reading and PC Workstations
The University Library offers you possibilities to work at reading tables and PC workstations.
They are currently available:
- Main Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR): reading places
- Branch Library Emmy-Noether-Campus (ENC): approx. 25 reading places, 5 of which are PC workstations with Internet access
- Branch Library Hölderlinstraße (H): approx. 180 reading places, also in carrels and group rooms, 43 of which are PC workstations, most with Internet access
- Branch Library Paul-Bonatz-Straße (PB): approx. 30 reading places, 8 of which are PC workstations with Internet access, plus 1 group room
- Branch Library Unteres Schloß (US): approx. 120 reading places, also in carrels and group rooms, 11 of which are PC workstations, almost all with Internet access. In addition, there are flexibly usable work areas, equipped with movable sound-proofing elements, tables and chairs on castors and beanbags
The carrels in the Branch Library Unteres Schloß (US) can be reserved for a period of 4 weeks. For further information, please refer to the information leaflet on using carrels. Additional there are 12 workstation trolleys available. Reservations can be made at the information and circulation desk, Branch Library Unteres Schloß.
The mobile and lockable workstation trolleys are made available primarily to students who would like to work in the library on a long-term basis with library materials and/or with their own documents.
Information and regulations for the use of the workstation trolleys can be found in a leaflet available at the circulation desk. The rental period is two months this may be extended if demand permits it.
Twelve of these workstation trolleys are available in the Branch Library Unteres Schloß (US). If you are interested, please contact the circulation desk, Branch Library Unteres Schloß.
Group rooms are available for working in small groups and are freely accessible during opening hours. All group rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, sockets and whiteboard. Monitors for connecting mobile devices are available in the group rooms of the branch libraries in Paul-Bonatz-Straße (group room P), Unteres Schloss (B 212 and B 213) and in Weidenauer Straße (WS-UB 107, not reservable).
Due to the high demand these rooms must be reserved in advance.
Please also observe the library's user regulations in the group rooms.
You will find group rooms at the following library locations:
Level 0: 3 group rooms
Group room AR-UB 033: 8 seats
Group room AR-UB 034: 6 seats
Group room AR-UB 035: 10 seats
Level 1: 3 group rooms
Group room AR-UB 101: 4 seats
Group room AR-UB 102: 4 seats
Group room AR-UB 103: 4 seats
Level 2:: 4 group rooms
Group room AR-UB 202: 8 seats
Group room AR-UB 203: 6 seats
Group room AR-UB 204: 4 seats
Group room AR-UB 205: 6 seats
Level 5: 1 group room
Group room H-C 5309: 6 seats
Branch Library Paul-Bonatz-Straße (PB):
Branch Library Unteres Schloß (US):
Workstation for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Near the Branch Library Adolf-Reichwein-Straße (AR-D), room AR-D 4004, you can use a special PC workstation for blind and visually impaired persons - please contact our staff.
The workplace has the following equipment:
- PC with sound card and active speakers
- Monitor 21''
- Colour scanner
- Basic D-brailleprinter, double sided
- Video light/PC colour enlarger with cross table
- Jaws 15.0
- OmniPage Pro OCR-Recognition software 14.0
- OpenBook OCR-Recognition software 9.0
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- RTFC-Print software
It is possible to save special settings in a personal user interface.
The workplace is available during the entire opening hours of the library. For an initial introduction to the operation of the device, to set up a personal user interface or if you have any questions, please contact the staff at the Central Information Desk during service hours.