|Hauptbibliothek AR geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek ENC geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek H geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek PB geschlossen|
|Teilbibliothek US geschlossen|
The Hochschulschriften- und Tauschstelle (Thesis department) of the University Library collects all theses of Siegen University because of its duty of publication and certifies a notice of receipt, which is necessary for recieving the Ph.D. certificate.
The library conforms with the respective regularities for graduation of the faculties, which are based on the Empfehlungen der Kultusministerkonferenz, which allow the disposal in electronic form since October,30 1997 and on the “Erlass des Ministeriums für Wissenschaft und Forschung” from June, 4 1998.
- Theses can only be published after the passed oral examination and the existence of the imprimatur.
- For a cumulative thesis the author has to check with every publisher if an additional publication is allowed.
- Because of the protection of data privacy personal data like date and place of birth or the curriculum vitae should not be included in the electronic version.
- Additionally to the electronic version you normally have to hand in printed copies of your thesis. The exact number of copies is determined in the doctoral regulations. The versions have to be identical regarding the pagination (citeability).
- Generate the required printed copies with the pdf file. Thereby you avoid differences in formatting between the printed and the electronic version (no discrepancies in line breaks and pagination), so that the citeability of both documents in guaranteed.
- For permanent archiving the printed copies have to be printed on aging resistant, wood-free and acid-free paper. Please apply the notation „gedruckt auf alterungsbeständigem holz- und säurefreiem Papier“ (=printed on aging resistant, wood-free and acid-free paper) on the verso of the title-page.
- Because of matters of durability we cannot accept following bindings as permantly durable: ring binder and all bindings that are made by using metal or synthetic material.
- When handing in the thesis the author have to assure that the passing for press is allowed by the examination board and that the electronic version is identical regarding form and content to the approved original version.
- The publication can be postponed on request if there is a patent application for it. After checking the registered meta data and the transfered files you will get the notice of receipt previous to the publication.
Checklist for disposal
The disposal takes place via the registration form of OPUS Siegen
- Please refer to your doctoral regulations for the number of printed copies you have to hand in. IMPORTANT: Printing the pdf files guarantees identical formatting of printed and electronic version!! Citeability !
- Potentially form “Antrag auf Nichtveröffentlichung wegen Patentanmeldung” (Request for not publishing because of patent application)
Sample contract with attached form for request for not publishing
Please remember to sign! Please hand in the documents at the Hochschulschriften- und Tauschstelle.